Social media is a buzzword around the Houston Business Journal workplaces nowadays as our Social Madness competitors heats up and as we continue to increase the newsroom's online presence.
Social Madness motivates local businesses to step up their social networks game and get individuals engaged with their companies, beginning with a Houston-only competition that will send three finalists from our location into a nationwide event.
I'm often asked why social networks matters, and how something apparently so nebulous to some people can be so essential.
Social network assists boost all the basic pillars of great business, such as engaging with the general public, converting on-the-fence onlookers into revenue-generating clients, and resolving customer service problems.
Here are five of the greatest advantages to social media:
1. Customer engagement. A simple search on a social media site is the very best start. If you're aiming to present your company, a search can help you find a community of individuals thinking about your field. If individuals are currently talking about your brand, you can participate in the conversation. If the discussion is positive, present a call to action to motivate individuals to purchase. If you hear a negative comment, ward off those potential risks by setting the record directly. The very best part? Social network is conversational in nature, so people want to talk. Reach out, and you'll be pleased with the results.
2. Profits production. Social network broadens your direct exposure, increases traffic to your website, creates interest in what you sell, and gives you the opportunity to offer promotions or specials to seal the deal. The social media site Pinterest is a fantastic example of how social media can help you satisfy income objectives. Inning accordance with information from Emily Carr University of Art and Design mentioned in the Harvard Business Review, practically 1 in 5 Pinterest users "pin" something they later buy online. Data from shopify.com found that buyers referred to an online site from Pinterest are 10 percent more likely to buy.
But not just retailers can benefit from social media. Check out American Express's content marketing project, Open Forum. AmEx produced an online neighborhood of short articles and resources for entrepreneur, sponsored by the brand but not directly selling anything. The goal is to provide a service and then establish commitment that will move to other business deals.
3. Structure loyalty. Customers are more likely to stay with your brand name if they trust you. Social network can improve this. If you can reveal that your business lives by its values, people with the same worths will react-- and those images of your workplace Halloween party play a role, giving a glimpse of your character to make your company stick out.
Social network improves the relationship with clients by establishing open lines of communication. If a customer tweets a concern or problem about a brand name and is instantly answered, that actually reinforces the bond with the brand name. Be present in the dialogue and consumers will value it.
4. Thought management. You can get in touch with your fans and fans, and satisfy new ones, by dropping the salesmanship and taking part in an intellectual conversation about your area of proficiency. Franklin Templeton Investments is a fine example of a company using Facebook advantageously. The company's Facebook page posts important bits like real-time market updates, quotes from Benjamin Franklin and links to longer blog posts composed by financiers. Not every post directly involves the trading of bonds or stocks, however by offering insight to investors, a company can show that it knows what it's discussing, and people may consider doing business with it the next time.
5. Seo. As much as word-of-mouth works, lots of people go straight to Google to search for exactly what they need. Having active accounts on various social networks sites can help place your company greater in page rankings and more likely to show up in a search.
Believe you're prepared to get begun? Think you need assist intensifying exactly what you currently have? Hope you'll watch for my continuing series of posts about how finest to obtain going on check here various social media websites.